SEC DEADLINE FOR 2014 FILING
The following rules shall apply to corporations whose FISCAL YEAR ENDS on DECEMBER 31, 2013 (Reference SEC Memorandum Circular No. 16 Series of 2013)
- All corporations, including branch offices, representative offices, regional headquarters and regional operating headquarters of foreign corporations, that file their AFS at the Commission’s Head Office in Mandaluyong City, Davao, Cebu, Iloilo and Baguio Extension Offices, shall depending on the last numerical digit of their SEC registration or license number, be governed by the following schedule in the filling period for 2014:
|APRIL 14, 15,16April 14 – 16 Extended Receiving Hours From 8:00AM to 7:30PM||“1” , “2”|
|APRIL 21, 22,23,24,25||“3” ,”4”|
|APRIL 28, 29, 30 May 2||“5” , “6”|
|MAY 5,6,7,8,9||“7”, “8”|
|MAY 12,13,14,15,16||“9”, “0”|
- The above filing schedule shall NOT apply to the following corporations:
- Those whose fiscal year ends on a date other than December 31, 2013. These entities shall file their AFS within 120 calendar days from the end of their fiscal year;
- Those whose securities are listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange. These entities shall continue to observe the due date of filing of their AFS as attachment to their Annual Reports (SEC Form 17-A), in accordance with the implementing Rules and Regulations of the Securities Regulation Code;
- Those whose AFS are being audited by the Commission on Audit (COA) provided that the following documents are attached to their AFS:
- An Affidavit signed by the President and Treasurer (or Chief Finance Officer, where applicable) attesting to the fact that the company timely provided COA with the financial statements and supporting documents and that the audit of COA has just been concluded; and
- A letter from COA confirming the information provided in the above Affidavit.
- Prior to April 14, 2014, all corporations may file their AFS regardless of the last numerical digit of their registration or license number.
- Late fillings shall be accepted starting May 19, 2014 and shall be subject to prescribed penalties which shall be computed from the date of the last day of filling schedule stated in number 1
IMPORTANT REMINDERS UPON/BEFORE FILING THE AFS
- The Audited Financial Statements, other than the consolidated financial statements, shall have the stamped “received” by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) or its, authorized banks, unless the BIR allows an alternative proof of submission for its authorized banks (e.g. bank slips)
- The basic components as prescribed by SRC rule 68, as amended, shall be presented for pre-screening. Failure to comply with any of the formal requirements under said Rule including prescribed qualifications for independent auditors shall be considered a sufficient ground for the denial of the receipt of the financial statements. The acceptance and receipt by the Commission of the financial statements shall be without prejudice to the fines that may be imposed for any material deficiency or misstatement that may be found upon evaluation of the specific contents thereof.
Special Note: For the Accountants/preparers of the financial statements please review the basic RULE of the updated SRC rule 68, this is the basic framework for presenting the general purpose financial statements to be submitted to SEC.