REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF INDIVIDUAL CPA/FIRMS/PARTNERSHIPS IN ACCORDANCE WITH IMPLEMENTING RULES AND REGULATIONS (RES. NO. 71) REPUBLIC ACT NO 9298 OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE PHILIPPINE ACCOUNTANCY ACT OF 2004
- BACC Form No. 02, duly accomplished in three (3) copies and properly notarized (Please affix metered documentary stamp to the original copy)
- Photocopy of CPA Board Certificate(s) of individual CPA, sole proprietor, partners and staff member(s).
- Photocopy of current professional identification card(s) of individual CPA, sole proprietor, partners and staff member(s)
- Code of Good Governance of the Individual CPA, Firm or Partnerships (signed by the Individual CPA, sole proprietor of the Firms and managing partner of the Partnership)
- Copy of Internal quality review procedures being implemented to ensure compliance with the professional ethical and technical standards required of the practice of public accountancy.
- Certified copies of all business permits/current PTR issued by the local and/or national government.
- Sworn statement by the individual CPA, sole proprietor of the Firm and managing partner of the Partnership stating that the individual CPA and staff member(s), the sole proprietor and staff member(s) of the Firm, and all the partners and staff member(s) of the Partnership, as the case maybe,: (Please notarize and affix metered documentary stamp to the original copy)
- Had a meaningful participation of their respective internal quality review process.
- Had undergone adequate and effective training (from organizations duly accredited by the Board or by its duly authorized representatives) on all the current accounting and auditing standards, code of ethics, laws and their implementing rules and regulations, circulars, memoranda, their respective codes of good governance and other related documents that are required in the practice of public accountancy to ensure professional, ethical and technical standards.
- Are all of good moral character
- He/she or they had not been found guilty by a competent court and/or administrative body of any case involving moral turpitude and/or unethical practices and that neither any of them is a defendant in any case of similar nature pending before any competent court and/or administrative agencies.
- Has(have) at least three(3) years meaningful experience in any of the areas of public practice including taxation as defined in Section 4 Rule 4 of the IRR.
8. For government employee only:
Original copy of authority to practice profession issued by employer, printed in the official letter head of the institution/agency.
Supporting documents to be attached to the sworn statements:
9. Certified copies of accredited certificate(s) of attendance or any proof of meaningful participation in, and proof of adequacy and effectiveness of such training for the immediate past three years.
For years 2013 – Seminars/trainings from 2010 onwards
2014 – Seminars/trainings from 2011 onwards
REQUIRED CREDIT UNITS
|Enabling Laws, Rules and Regulations||
|Standards Applicable to Professional Practice||
|Ethical, Governance, and Quality Principles||
|Environment of the Practice||
|Development of the Person as Professional||
10. Current certificate of clearance issued by the proper court and/or National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance for the individual CPA, sole practitioner & the partners/principals of the partnerships.
11. Detailed description of such work experience of the individual CPA, sole proprietorship of the Firm and all the partners of the Partnership (data should include name of company, position, duties and responsibilities and date of employment)
Additional Requirements for Partnerships:
12. Certified copy of the Certificate of Registration issued by the SEC
13.Certified copy of current Articles of Partnership (Should tally with the application form BACC Form No. 02)
14. Certified copy of the documents showing the correspondent relationship, membership or business dealings with foreign CPA firm(s) if any, including complete address & postal address, telephone number and facsimile numbers, e-mail address and website.
15.Sworn statement stating that: (Please notarize and affix metered documentary to the original copy)
- The copy of the document showing the correspondent relationship membership, or business dealings with the foreign CPA is the faithful reproduction of its original copy.
- The foreign CPA is not directly or indirectly (through the Filipino CPA) engaged in the practice of public accountancy in the Philippines, except the authorized foreign CPAs under Section 34 and 35 of R.A. No. 9298
- The rights and obligation of the parties in specific terms.
16.Payment of registration fee (in Cash, Postal Money Order, Manager’s Check or Bank Draft payable to the Professional Regulation Commission)
- Single Proprietorship – P 1,500
- Partnership – P 2,500
17.Short Brown Envelope for the Certificate of Registration
18. One (1) set of paper fastener for the application.
19.One set of metered documentary stamp worth Twenty-One Pesos (P 21.00) to be affixed to the Certificate of Registration.
ALL NOTARIZED DOCUMENTS SHOULD HAVE METERED DOCUMENTARY STAMPS WORTH TWENTY-ONE PESOS (P21.00)
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED METERED DOCUMENTARY STAMP IS AVAILABLE AT PRC CUSTOMER SERVICE COUNTERS AND PRC REGIONAL OFFICES
Note: Representative/s filling and claiming the Certificate of Registration/Accreditation in behalf of the professional must present Special Power of Attorney and valid identification of the professional and the representative.